Windows Server 2003 support ending
Windows Server 2003 support is ending July 14, 2015
After July 14, Microsoft will no longer issue security updates for any version of Windows Server 2003.
If you are still running Windows Server 2003, you need to take steps now to protect your IT infrastructure.
What does this mean to you?
Microsoft will no longer issue security updates for Windows Server 2003 from 14th July and support will cease. This means no new security updates to the product and, without support, no further product updates for critical systems like anti-virus and network management tools.
Having no support from Microsoft on any network issues means your network will be vulnerable to security threats.
In 2013 alone, Microsoft released a total of 37 critical updates, security updates and hot fixes across their server platforms to keep the system stable and secure.
The key concerns after the end of support are;
- No updates. Lack of patches/updates/non-security fixes.
- Elimination of security fixes. Security fixes as being among the most critical fixes for installed servers. These fixes will no longer be delivered to Windows Server 2003 servers, regardless of how severe a given issue may be.
- Lack of support. Contact to Microsoft for technical support in the event of a server problem will no longer be available.
- Application support issues. In many cases application support (from software suppliers) will discontinue or may have already discontinued.
- Compliance issues. Regulated industries or those handling regulated data may find that they are out of compliance.
- Getting left behind. Inability to leverage modern cloud options from Microsoft and other vendors.
The key thing is if you are still operating Microsoft Server 2003 that you act now to mitigate any risk of having unsupported, outdated software running your network.
The clock is ticking so to ensure that migration is as painless and successful as possible then this should be started ASAP.
The migration process is fairly straight forward. KS Services can help you deliver this.
For more information contact KS Services;
T: 01274 772244 or fill in the contact form below.